PRIMARY RESEARCH AREA
· Software systems
FOR MORE INFORMATION
· Ph.D., Computer Science, University of California at Berkeley, December 1998
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
If the MRI is funded, there are three positions for people to develop the instrument, and I intend to find postdocs to fill those positions. The intent is to use the MRI as a catalyst for interdisciplinary research efforts around computational genomics, so these postdocs will be able to help with those efforts and participate in them part time (% for some of the positions ramps down later in the project based on assumption of moving part of their time over to research efforts).
· computational genomics, smartphone-based bioassays, optical network architecture, computer architecture, cluster computing, parallel computing, user-level communication, validation and reliability
· Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, Spring 2002 (497SSL ... grad class back then)
· Collins Fellow (from the COE Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education), 2000, 2001, 2002.
· GE Scholar (from the College of Engineering Teaching College), 1999
· NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award, 2000
· Best Student Paper Award, SC97: High-Performance Networking and Computing
· NSF Graduate Fellowship, 1991-1995
PUBLIC SERVICE HONORS
· Member of the Center for Excellence in Education's Chicago Board of Directors (one of the Center's programs is an outreach program intended to encourage inner-city youth to pursue further education).